Attendees of this class will benefit from the “first hand” content of this class and the photo documentation that Jake Raby has gathered since he began working with the engines upon their first application in 2009. Though these engines are the current and latest generation of Porsche flat 6 power plants, Jake has already experienced the pros and cons of the engine design and has developed several products and procedures to make the engine a more robust performer. With the 9A1 powered Porsches completing their warranty periods every day, its important for technicians and shop owners to understand the issues and challenges they will soon be presented with in their shops.
- 9A1 “101” highlights
- Meet the 9A1
- Differences between M96 engines and 9A1 engines
- Engine configuration and layout illustrated
- Oil system function, PWM oil pump design & operation
- Unique 9A1 service and maintenance procedures
- Engine disassembly and reassembly
- What wears, what doesn’t, and why
- DFI integration and how it has impacted engine mechanicals, combustion chamber, piston and port designs.
- Performance modifications
*Payments allow one single log in, and one user to attend each class online. Shared accounts are not allowed, multiple users per payment are also not allowed. Each individual class attendee must pay the full class amount to attend any online class, just like hands on classes.*
* This class is a live and interactive webinar with Jake Raby and Tony Callas. The time for the class is 6PM-10PM EST for a total of 4 hours instruction. You can view this class, chose to use a webcam, or call in for a teleconference during this class. No class is recorded.*
*All funds are collected upfront due to availability with no exceptions. Funds are non refundable/ non transferable so please schedule accordingly.*