Dates to be released: 964/993 Air-cooled Engine Rebuild Class 101 (Online)
This online class is focused on the 964/993 variant of the Porsche flat six engine, but prior models will be covered as a secondary objective. This online class is a necessary pre-requisite for the Hands-On Aircooled Engine 102 Class, where a 993 type engine will be built to long block form.
The online class covers the following topics:
- All necessary tools covered and explained.
- Scan tool interrogation and deciphering faults, common faults.
- Common faults/ wear items
- Valve guide wear evaluation without ANY engine disassembly.
- Proper engine wear evaluation techniques while engine still installed running.
- What additional components recommended to replace during an engine rebuild
- Engine removal and installation recommendations.
- Oil system function, and component layout
- Cooling system function and component layout
We use GoToTraining software – classes available on desktop, mobile and via phone call. You’ll receive detailed instructions on how to join after signing up.